Throughout the two-year program, our trainee receives a well-balanced approach to continuous learning through these types of activities:
- Education (e.g. face to face training, eLearning and conferences)
- Experience (job rotations and projects)
- Environment (exec office)
Overview of the Program
Your ongoing development is the main objective of the program. The program integrates coaching, job experience, formal university learning and performance feedback.
Participants in the St Vincent’s Health Service Management Graduate Program work full-time, undertaking placements of 3-6 months duration with the senior leadership team in a variety of areas.
SVHNS participants are developed and supported through the program via a range of professional development activities, including training courses, attendance at conference and events, and mentoring.
To complement the workplace learning and accelerate their knowledge, participants undertake a Master of Health Service Management on a part-time basis and in online mode.
The Graduate program spans over two years commencing in January each year. Trainees complete a 12-month placement in the first year followed by placements of 3-6 months duration in the second year. There are a range of placements available. These will be determined by the Chief Executive.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Director of Acute Care Services
- Director of Integrated Care
- Director of Innovation & Improvement
- Director of Strategy, Planning & Partnerships
- Director of Patient Safety & Experience
The Graduate Health Management Program is renowned for the support provided to graduates both during and after the program. Support is provided in a number of ways throughout the program, both formal and informal, including:
Mentoring throughout the program will occur with your placement supervisor. These mentors will be your managers during each placement and will provide advice and guidance throughout the placements.
Informal sessions will be held during each placement. The Manager will support you during your placement to discuss your development and ensure any issues you have within your placement are dealt with.
Current and Past Graduates
All graduates from the program are available and willing to assist you in any queries you may have both during and after the program.
To be eligible to apply applicants must:
- Possess an undergraduate Degree from a recognised University
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Meet the selection criteria set out in the application. The selection criteria include communication skills, leadership and management qualities, interest in health service management, analytical thinking and problem solving and decision-making skills.
What you’ll get
- Benefits – Staff Wellness and Support (Fitness Passport and access to EAP)
- Master of Health Service Management.
- Mentoring from Senior Leaders of the organisation
- Opportunities to be part of worthwhile initiatives such as the Youth Advisory Board (18-35 year olds)
Applications for the 2022 intake are now closed.
If you have any questions about the Graduate Health Management Program at St Vincent’s Health Network Sydney, please email: SVHNS.GHMP@svha.org.au