You are here:
Seminar Room de Lacy Level 5
ASCS Clinical School (23 November only)
Dates available for this 2 day workshop in 2021 are:
26 October and 2 November 2021
Online registration and payment link:
This study day aim is to increase theoretical knowledge in relation to Acute respiratory conditions. It is designed to meet the needs of those nurses who need to acquire advanced knowledge and skills to enable them to safely and effectively care for critically ill patients with acute respiratory disorders.
The course is coordinated by the SVH Respiratory CNC and a variety of interdisciplinary speakers present at the course
On completion of this study day, it is anticipated that participants will be able to:
• Develop advanced knowledge and an in-depth understanding of signs, symptoms and treatments of common respiratory disorders such as respiratory failure
• Identify the assessment process for those patients presenting with respiratory complaints and discuss nursing management strategies associated with Hypoxia & Oxygen therapy, ABG Interpretation, Pneumonia, Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD), Pulmonary Hypertension, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Asthma
• Discuss the assessment process for those patients presenting with acute episodes of chronic respiratory conditions and identify recommended nursing assessment & management strategies
• Develop knowledge and understanding of the complexities of caring for patients who are critically ill
• Develop knowledge and understanding of early signs indicative of a clinically deteriorating patient and escalation procedures
Who should attend:
Registered nurses providing nursing care for critically ill patients or patients with respiratory conditions
$350 ex GST
Participants are required to organise their own travel and parking arrangements.
Cancellation provided up to 5 working days before the program a full refund will be issued.
Cancellation past the 5 working days and before 24 hours prior to the program half refund will be issued.
Cancellation with 24hrs prior to the program no refund is issued.
Cancellation should be in writing to SVHS.NEDC@svha.org.au
St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney does not accept responsibility for any act or omission on the part of the Seminar/Conference/Event organiser/presenters. No liability is accepted for inaccuracy, misdescription, delay, damage, personal injury or death.
St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney collects personal information provided on this registration form for the intended purpose of processing your seminar/event registration.