Pathways to Practice Program
The Pathways to Practice Program (PPP) offers Registered and Enrolled Nurses an opportunity for facilitated return to acute care after a short break or transition from sub-acute to acute care.
This exciting initiative is unique to St Vincent’s Health Network and its main aim is to allow participants to develop professionally in a supportive environment whilst learning new skills and developing clinical excellence across all domains of contemporary and ethical nursing practice.
The St Vincent’s Hospital Pathways to Practice Program offers:
· A 5 day hospital and nursing orientation program
· Extended clinical area induction and supernumerary time
· Weekly Continuing Professional Development sessions
· Fortnightly Clinical Supervision/Debrief sessions with the Transition Program Nurse Educator
· Three full day study days
· Rotation in two clinical areas
· Education and support from a dedicated full-time Nurse Educator
· Clinical Nurse Educators in each clinical area
· After hours Clinical Nurse Educators to provide education and guidance on evening shifts and the weekend
· Frequent ward/unit based education
· Access to courses and skills development workshops facilitated by the Nurse Education and Development Centre
· Guidance with career planning and ongoing employment and education opportunities towards completion of the program
This program will offer the opportunity to become a valued member of the St Vincent’s Health Sydney nursing team on a 12 month full-time contract. Applications should be lodged at the St Vincent’s Health Australia careers page: http://www.careersatsvmhs.com.au/
Applications now closed. Positions will be advertised June 2018 for the September 2018 intake.
For more information please contact:
Cheryl Hunt – Pathways to Practice Program Nurse Educator
Tel: (02) 8382 2602