You are here:
21 Sep 2016
At the 2016 St Vincent’s Health Australia (SVHA) Innovation and Excellence Awards held late last week in Brisbane, St Vincent’s Health Network Sydney took out 6 out of 10 awards at the event, including the prestigious Chairman’s Award.
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney won the following categories:
- Leaders in Catholic Healthcare (St Joseph's - Taking Care of our Seniors)
- Clinical Improvement (Metabolic Monitoring on an inpatient psychiatric ward)
- Clinical Innovation (Psychogeriatrics SOS - an e-health model of rural outreach)
- Person Centred Care (Securing improved patient experience)
- Leading reputation (Visualise your own stroke)
- Chairman's Award (St Vincent’s Heart Health - Web-based technologies to pioneer cardiac care and education). Visit the Heart Health website here.
The projects straddle a vast cross-section of our endeavors from a web-based portal for our cardiac patients, so they can better understand their conditions and their treatment programs through to a new clinician-to-clinician service bringing multidisciplinary expertise via web-conferencing to isolated clinicians in under-resourced rural areas. Some of these projects are complex, some of them simpler; but all of them united in the fact that they are mission-driven. All of the projects embody innovative approaches to respond to community need. .
To view videos of each project, please visit our Facebook page. <