You are here:
14 May 2020
Seminar Room, de Lacy Level 5
1 May 2020
8:30am - 4pm
Online registration and payment link:
This study day aims to increase theoretical knowledge about the complexities of providing nursing care for patients who undergo the process and procedures of Cardiothoracic Transplantation. It is designed to meet the needs of those nurses working directly or indirectly with patients who undergo cardiothoracic transplantation.
Coordinated by the SVH CNC Heart & Lung Transplantation and includes a variety of presenters
On completion of this study day, it is anticipated that participants will be able to:
• Discuss and describe the current issues and practical process of organ donation
• Develop an understanding of central concepts that are integral to Heart and Lung Transplantation
• Identify the nurses role and the general process for organ retrieval
• Discuss the ICU recommended nursing assessment & management of transplant patients
• Discuss rationale for Transplant Immunosuppression and identify specialised nursing care requirements
• Develop knowledge and understanding of Mechanical Circulatory Support: Bridge to transplant
• Identify specific nursing care of Heart Transplant patients: Rejection, Surveillance and Treatment
• Identify specific nursing care of Lung Transplant patients : Rejection, Surveillance and Treatment
• Develop knowledge and understanding of the complexities of caring for patients following Cardiothoracic transplantation including Transplant related infections
• Develop knowledge and understanding of early signs indicative of a clinically deteriorating patient and escalation procedures
Who should attend:
Registered nurses employed in Cardiothoracic Units or RNs providing nursing care for patients who undergo Cardiothoracic Transplantation
Simon Byerley – Nurse Educator
Nurse Education & Development Centre
$150 ex GST
Participants are required to organise their own travel and parking arrangements.
Cancellation provided up to 5 working days before the program a full refund will be issued.
Cancellation past the 5 working days and before 24 hours prior to the program half refund will be issued.
Cancellation with 24hrs prior to the program no refund is issued.
Cancellation should be in writing to SVHS.NEDC@svha.org.au
St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney does not accept responsibility for any act or omission on the part of the Seminar/Conference/Event organiser/presenters. No liability is accepted for inaccuracy, misdescription, delay, damage, personal injury or death.
St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney collects personal information provided on this registration form for the intended purpose of processing your seminar/event registration.