You are here:
Seminar Room deLacy Level 5
Date options for 2018 are:
28 February 2018
26 April 2018
18 July 2018
24 October 2018
Closing date for event registrations: One week prior to workshop
Online registration and payment link:
The Preceptorship program will provide education, guidelines and a range of strategies for RNs who wish to develop capacity as a preceptor and support nurses in competence building to ensure safe and evidence based patient care is provided. The aim is to educate preceptors to support effective transition of nurses from novice to expert practice and enable ongoing professional development of nurses in all context of practice.
A variety of presenters
On completion of this study day, it is anticipated that participants will be able to:
• Identify who can be a preceptor and your motivation to be one
• Assess individual learning needs to set goals that meet CPD for developing scope of practice
• Refer to and implement relevant SVH policy and procedure and EBP guidelines
• Formalise a Preceptorship learning program with a timeline to implement in the clinical setting
• Engage reflective practice to assess and critically analyse effectiveness of the preceptorship process
• Discuss different adult learning principles to inform strategies required for teaching
• Identify effective communication to provide constructive feedback
• Regularly evaluate , document and report on the progress of competence gained
• Assess and evaluate learning progress from the preceptees perspective and learning that is required to be addressed in the future
Who should attend:
Novice to expert Enrolled Nurses and Registered Nurses
$110 ex GST
Participants are required to organise their own travel and parking arrangements.
Cancellation provided up to 5 working days before the program a full refund will be issued.
Cancellation past the 5 working days and before 24 hours prior to the program half refund will be issued.
Cancellation with 24hrs prior to the program no refund is issued.
Cancellation should be in writing to SVHS.NEDC@svha.org.au
St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney does not accept responsibility for any act or omission on the part of the Seminar/Conference/Event organiser/presenters. No liability is accepted for inaccuracy, misdescription, delay, damage, personal injury or death.
St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney collects personal information provided on this registration form for the intended purpose of processing your seminar/event registration.