As a patient or a family member/friend of a patient, if you are worried about a recent change in your condition or the condition of your family member/friend, you can raise any concerns you have at any time of day or night. If you’re worried, REACH out, by following the below steps:
- You may recognise a worrying change in your condition or in the person you care for.
- Engage (talk) to your nurse or doctors. Tell them your concerns.
- Ask the nurse in charge to contact the Registrar (doctor) to come and speak with you about your concern.
- If you are still worried, call REACH on 23666 from the bedside phone or 8382 3666 externally, tell the operator you are making a REACH call.
- Help is on the way… A nursing manager will be with you within 30 minutes to escalate your care.