As a patient or a family member/friend of a patient, if you are worried about a recent change in your condition or the condition of your family member/friend, you can raise any concerns you have at any time of day or night. If you’re worried, REACH out, by following the below steps:
- You may Recognise a worrying change in your condition or in the person you care for.
- Engage (talk) to your nurse or doctors. Tell them your concerns.
- Ask the nurse in charge for a "Clinical Review". This should occur within 30 minutes.
- If you are still worried, call REACH. You can use your bedside phone, ask for a ward phone or call 8382 3666 externally, tell the operator you are making a REACH call.
- Call REACH on 8382 3666. Help is on the way.
Speak to your nurse or doctor first. They may be able to help with your concerns.
Click below for our REACH information sheet in multiple languages: