You are here:
Seminar Room de Lacy Level 5
Dates available for this program in 2018 are:
22 February 2018
12 April 2018
5 July 2018
6 September 2018
25 October 2018
6 December 2018
Closing date for event registrations: Two weeks prior to workshop date
Online registration and payment link:
This study day aims to increase participants’ theoretical knowledge in relation to patients affected by alcohol & other drugs issues and develop skills in how to manage the issues that arise from intoxication and withdrawal.
The course is coordinated by the SVH Alcohol & Other Drugs CNC and a variety of interdisciplinary speakers present at the course
On completion of this study day, it is expected that participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate understanding of the fundamentals of opioids, benzodiazepines, nicotine, alcohol and stimulants, and their effects, withdrawal and treatments
• Utilise gained knowledge for safe and accurate assessment and clinical decision making
• Apply gained knowledge and skill when interacting with, and managing patients affected by alcohol and/or other drugs
• Connect the link between co-existing substance use & mental health (either personality disorders OR more generic issues – depending upon presenter)
• Discuss the stigma associated with substance use and its effect on a person.
Who should attend:
Registered Nurse, Enrolled Nurses and Allied Health Staff
0457 870 700
$110 ex GST
Participants are required to organise their own travel and parking arrangements.
Cancellation provided up to 5 working days before the program a full refund will be issued.
Cancellation past the 5 working days and before 24 hours prior to the program half refund will be issued.
Cancellation with 24hrs prior to the program no refund is issued.
Cancellation should be in writing to SVHS.NEDC@svha.org.au
St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney does not accept responsibility for any act or omission on the part of the Seminar/Conference/Event organiser/presenters. No liability is accepted for inaccuracy, misdescription, delay, damage, personal injury or death.
St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney collects personal information provided on this registration form for the intended purpose of processing your seminar/event registration.