You are here:
ACU & SVH Clinical School
Cator Building, Ground Level
(Building Entry on Barcom Ave Darlinghurst, across from Liechhardt Street)
Dates available for this program in 2019 are:
7 March 2019
14 May 2019
5 September 2019
26 November 2019
Closing date for event registrations: Two weeks prior to workshop date
Online registration and payment link:
This program aims to increase participants’ knowledge of the care and management of vascular access devices, and provide evidence-based guidelines for assessing and managing peripheral and central venous access devices (including peripheral intravenous catheters (PIVCs), midlines, peripherally inserted central catheters (PICCs), tunnelled devices (e.g. Hickman catheters), implantable devices (e.g. Portacaths) and Vascaths.
The workshop is coordinated by Vascular Access CNC with a variety of specialist nurses presenting.
On completion of this study day, it is anticipated that participants will be able to:
• Explain what a Vascular Access Device (VAD) is and the difference between peripheral and central types.
• Identify different types of VADs and their clinical need
• Argue the importance of aseptic technique, documentation, flushing and clamping techniques for positive pressure displacement caps vs. neutral pressure caps when managing VADs
• Distinguish complications associated with VADs
• Applying theoretical knowledge into practice in the competencies associated with VAD management
Who should attend:
Registered Nurses who are required to manage vascular access devices
0457 562 178
$150 ex GST
Participants are required to organise their own travel and parking arrangements.
Cancellation provided up to 5 working days before the program a full refund will be issued.
Cancellation past the 5 working days and before 24 hours prior to the program half refund will be issued.
Cancellation with 24hrs prior to the program no refund is issued.
Cancellation should be in writing to SVHS.NEDC@svha.org.au
St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney does not accept responsibility for any act or omission on the part of the Seminar/Conference/Event organiser/presenters. No liability is accepted for inaccuracy, misdescription, delay, damage, personal injury or death.
St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney collects personal information provided on this registration form for the intended purpose of processing your seminar/event registration.