Rankin Court Treatment Centre
Rankin Court Treatment Centre is a specialised unit providing treatment and care for people experiencing opioid dependence. Rankin Court assists people with opioid dependence to improve their health and wellbeing by relieving craving and preventing withdrawal symptoms and reducing risks. We achieve this by providing medication, care coordination, and health information, based on a harm minimisation approach. Clients are offered counselling and referral where indicated.
Rankin Court offers a community-based program which give individuals the opportunity to improve social engagement.
Rankin Court provides an environment that is supportive, where a positive clinician-client relationship can be developed and where clients are encouraged to achieve healthy lifestyles.
Our services to the community include:
- Comprehensive assessment of substance use and opioid dependence
- Commencement and stabilisation on medications for opioid dependence
- Daily supervised administration of methadone (Biodone®) or buprenorphine/naloxone film (Suboxone Film ®). The dispensary hours are Monday to Sunday 7.50am to 1.30pm, and weekends and public holidays 7.50am to 1pm
- Individualised care coordination
- Crisis support and intervention
- Physical, mental and emotional health education and promotion
- HIV awareness information and education
- Referrals and ongoing consultations with specialised agencies and support services
- Referral for mental health care and support
- Hepatitis C clinic
- Dental clinic
- Treatment of nicotine dependence and other co-existing substance use disorders.
- Needle-syringe program.
- Support to transfer to community pharmacies for medication administration and community prescribers.
- Liaison and support with General Practitioners.
Rankin Court is an LGBTI affirmative service.
Rankin Court accepts self-referrals or a GP can make a referral on your behalf. We encourage GP referrals as we greatly appreciate the opportunity to involve your GP in your ongoing health care needs.
To make a referral please don’t hesitate to call our Centralised Intake on (02)9361 8080. A team member will happily explain the service if you have any questions.
GPs may also fax or email referrals on email@example.com or (02)8382 1086
Alcohol & Drug Information Service (ADIS) 24 hour telephone service
Sydney metropolitan Phone: 02 9361 8000
Regional and rural NSW Freecall* Phone:1800 422 599
* Please note- Freecall numbers are not free from mobile phones, except Telstra mobiles
Address: Level 2, The O’Brien Centre Corner of Burton and Victoria Streets, Darlinghurst. 2010
Contact hours: Monday to Friday 8 am to 4 pm
Phone: 02 9361 8030 (if urgent help is needed contact the 24 hour ADIS line (see below).
Phone Service Hours: Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 4.00 pm
24hrs Phone: 02 9361 8030